Sunday 5 April 2015

14 | 52

A portrait of my kids, once a week, every week, in 2015.




Mahlia: She/we survived the first term of primary school, which deserves a star jump or two! They had an Autumn Festival on the last day of term, and all the classes did a little performance. I wasn't sure she would do it, but she did, and with a big smile! She sang loudly and did all the actions, I had a tear or two. Afterwards she said 'it was very nervous'! Very proud moment! She is now looking forward to a couple of weeks off, and I'm looking forward to not spending 2 hours a day driving back and forth! On the odd night, I've been letting her stay up a bit later and we've been reading The Magic Faraway Tree—she's loving it, and so am I.

Leila: My big four-year-old got a big-girl's bike for her birthday. We spent Easter Sunday on a lovely bike ride, she is so close to being able to ride unassisted. She is slightly obsessed with being a 'big girl' now, comparing herself to other kids when we're out, saying 'I'm bigger than them aren't I?' and we are definitely not allowed to use the word 'little' in the same sentence as 'Leila'! Her defiance seems to have stepped up a level too…

Archer: And he is definitely turning into a big boy! He loved joining in on the Easter egg hunt today with the girls, and they were so good with him. Once he had tasted some of his haul, he was desperate to get back outside again to find some more!

Joining in with Jodi at Practising Simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment