Saturday 22 March 2014

12 – 52

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014.




Mahlia: We caught up with friends today, whose son used to go to Montessori with Leila. Yesterday he called to speak to her on the phone (her first phone call from a friend), to find out her favourite colours as he wanted to make a bracelet for her. We enjoyed time at the beach, and before we knew it, three hours had passed. Here she is, rock climbing in the nude, as you do.

Leila: After dropping daddy off at work, and before dropping Mahlia off at Montessori, I took the kids to feed the ducks. The water was so still and the sun light beautiful. We watched the ducks from the bridge before heading off again. Next week Leila turns three. We are having quite a few ups and downs at the moment. I think the build up of starting preschool is getting to her. She is more than ready though, she unpacks Mahlia's bag for her every morning at school and asks to practise her sounds nearly every day. She knows them all now, clever little cookie! One of the downs is the ridiculous length of time it takes her to eat, especially breakfast—two hours today, and she still didn't finish!! I love her dearly, but she can drive me crazy!

Archer: He was enthralled by the ducks! Two people today thought he was about 6 months old. He's just about to turn 4 months, my big boy! Very close to rolling over onto his tummy this week, and he giggles when I bellow my long dresses or skirts over him on the floor. This little man completes me.

Joining in with Jodi's 52 Project over at Practising Simplicity.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable. Little explores, I love it. Really need to get my two outside playing but we have been potty training so it's been a week of working hard inside. lol #52 new to this project but loving it already.

    ReplyDelete